If you haven’t guessed already, I’ve just enjoyed my 35th birthday. I just never pictured myself at this age (lolz); I mean, I didn’t think I’d die young or anything, but even now when I think about future plans, I peak at about 30. Anyway, it’s been an interesting ride so far, and I’d like to think I’ve learnt a few things about myself, and the odd bit about life in general. This isn’t a list of advice, it’s exactly what it says on the tin.
- I’m never going to like the taste texture, appearance, or thought of baked beans.
- People usually have enough of their own shit going on to give yours a second thought.
- Cheese is addictive.
- A rabbit’s neck, under their chin, is the softest thing you’ll ever feel.
- No, they don’t hate you.
- Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year.
- Awful days are okay, they make you appreciate the good ones.
- You’ll never be this young ever again. Or this young. Or, this young…
- Someone’s behaviour on one occasion, doesn’t define who they are at all times.
- Look out for patterns.
- Be kind as much as possible; it’s like a salary for your soul.
- Put things in your ASOS Saved Items, wait for them to go on sale.
- Sleep is precious, you don’t have to wait until you’re dead to make the most of it.
- Brooklyn is magical.
- Uncle Buck is medicine, as are most John Hughes films.
- Guilt and food often meet, but they never should.
- Happiness has no age limit, so keep doing it if it makes you happy.
- Creativity comes in many forms.
- Some people are born old, some people aren’t; both are okay.
- Fold the duvet cover inside-out, put your hands inside both corners, grab corners of the duvet, fold down and shake.
- Calm down.
- Keeping plants alive is challenging, but the feeling you get when one grows is totally worth the effort.
- Don’t say it out of anger, if possible.
- I buy a lot of mugs, and I don’t know why.
- Microwaving your socks will give your feet a quick and toasty treat.
- Manners are important.
- Keep hand sanitiser handy.
- Winona forever.
- Peach schnapps can make you very ill, and you’ll never forget the taste. Ever. Even 20 years later.
- 30 is much like the Y2K millennium bug; nothing terrible happens and you’ll feel the same as you did the day before, don’t worry about it.
- I’ll never master the power nap.
- If you mean no, say no.
- You can’t go at anyone else’s pace, so be happy with yours.
- Things can smell of colours.
- 35 is a long list of points to make.
Peace, love, and birthday cake, Fay x